Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Q&A with MorningDew
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:50 am 
Forum God

Q:- Are Skills going to be edited to cover the new level cap and furture level caps?
A. //removed,
Quote:
Dear Mr. Farrell,

I have received another email from Korea, and they have asked that we not release any confirmation regarding skills. Please understand that this is to prevent speculation and false rumors from spreading throughout the community.

Please refrain from publishing my answer to Question 1, and if you have already posted it, please delete relevant content as soon as possible.

As our community comes from multi lingual backgrounds, people with limited English skills tend to misinterpret any content that is published or posted, and we would not like to cause any further confusion or speculation among the community based on false or misinterpreted information. (You would be surprised at how many inquiries of "When will the new server be opened?" "I heard the new server is opening in February. Is this true?" we get a day.)

Sincerely,

morningdew

Q:- What updates are coming in the near future for us to look forward to?
A. In a few months we will be opening a teaser website for the Europe expansion -- Europe is coming to iSRO! The exact date is yet to be determined, though. In addition, some other updates are being tested on internal servers and other SRO versions, but I cannot provide you the details of the updates, as they may be modified to fit the characteristics of iSRO, and I don't want to give you any inaccurate details.

Q:- Have you ever played silkroad or another MMORPG before you were hired by joymax?
A. I have been in the online game industry since 1997, so this year is my 10th year in online games. Throughout the ten years, I have played numerous MMORPGs and other games...kind of hard to give you a list. However, I must admit that Silkroad is one of my personal favorites.

Q:- Do you plan to make more regular and exiteing events like co versions of silkroad hold on a regular basis?
A. We have talked about doing events on a regular basis, but right now all priorities have been rearranged. Our number one focus at the moment is security. Both in the game and on the website. We are focused on developing additional security measures for the game, then we can begin to focus on other things such as events and updates.

Q:- Will there be another GnG Competition and if so will it be hosted in more areas such as the UK?
A. GnG competitions are sponsored by the Korean government, which determines the location of the event. We would like to do annual Silkroad competitions, and so the possibilities are very high that there will be one competition this year.

Q:- Have you managed to hire more gms and other staff to assist you from the campaign on your home page?
A. The campaign on the website has produced extraordinary results and a rich database of very qualified people for the positions. However, because we are spanning out the customer support in stages, we plan on hiring in stages, too. So there will be more people in the US and Korea offices, but at a later date. Right now, all the employees in the US office were hired through our website campaign, and we are very happy with their work.

Q:- Can you give us a hint of the final level cap and will the mastery levels remain at 300?
A. Unfortunately we cannot reveal the final level cap, but I can tell you that mastery levels will remain at 300.

Q:- Can you tell us about your self when not at work and reviel some of the mystery?
A. Wow..I never realized that I was shrouded in mystery. Just never thought of it that way. I am 28, female, single, and live near San Jose, California. My name is Mary *** and I am the manager of US operations for Joymax. What else...I'm Catholic, I play the acoustic guitar for church, I love to cook, read, and watch movies. When I'm not at work, I'm most likely at home...I'm a bit of a homebody. :) I just moved back to the Bay Area after living and working in Korea for four and a half years. I've only been working with Joymax since last October, but I love working here. Hm...what else? I've never quite described myself to anyone before, so this is a totally unfamiliar experience... how 'bout you guys ask me what you want to know, and I'll tell you? :)

Q:- What measures are in place to deal with bots and other people who abuse the system?
A. As you may have noticed, Game Guard is not active at the moment. We will have a new program in place in the near future to counteract bot programs and to protect the privacy of our users. Also, we are working on more bot detection methods. We're preparing for another mass bot ban, and the new image verification system has helped to reduce the number of clientless and auto login bots. We will continue to add new features and programs to counteract these programs, but cannot reveal any details, as bot program manufacturers may take advantage of the information.

Q:- Is there any plan to add an auction house system to help reduce crowded servers due to stalling players?
A. We've proposed this system and Korea is taking it into consideration. The issue really, is how much traffic does a staller use up? Not very much, actually. So is this problem big enough for us to actually consider developing an auction house? Developing an auction house means that we have to push back some other game features or developments. And stalling can be argued as an integral part of the game. These are some factors that are being considered at the moment from Korea's end, and as soon as we get the results, we will announce them in a notice on the official website.

Hope these answers helped and sorry i couldnt submit more but morningdew isnt related to game development so a lot i didnt add

<<Rearranged in a Q/A format - Sin>>
^^ put Q & A on each question insted of numbers aswell now its more like a proper Q&A format^^

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

Last edited by [SD]Master_Wong on Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:52 am 
Site Contributor

Wow thanks a lot for those

lol but can you space them out a big... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:54 am 
Forum God

that help now?

I am not online much if you wish to get hold of me send me a private message with your email/discord and ill catch up with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:55 am 
Elite Member

Cool, morningdew is like the best thing from joymax lol(GM/employee) anyway.

Probably easier to just put the answer right under the question though >.> lol

Last edited by DarkJackal on Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: MorningDew Q&A Answers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:55 am 
Banned User

Master_wong wrote:
2:- What updates are coming in the near future for us to look forward to?

9:- What measures are in place to deal with bots and other people who abuse the system?

1. Issues related to the game are determined by the game developers in Korea and so I can't answer them right now -- I will forward these questions to Korea and ask them to answer them as soon as possible.
2. In a few months we will be opening a teaser website for the Europe expansion -- Europe is coming to iSRO! The exact date is yet to be determined, though. In addition, some other updates are being tested on internal servers and other SRO versions, but I cannot provide you the details of the updates, as they may be modified to fit the characteristics of iSRO, and I don't want to give you any inaccurate details.

9. As you may have noticed, Game Guard is not active at the moment. We will have a new program in place in the near future to counteract bot programs and to protect the privacy of our users. Also, we are working on more bot detection methods. We're preparing for another mass bot ban, and the new image verification system has helped to reduce the number of clientless and auto login bots. We will continue to add new features and programs to counteract these programs, but cannot reveal any details, as bot program manufacturers may take advantage of the information.

these 2 made my day ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:58 am 

Thanks man, the answers are really good, and it seem's there working on quite a bit in the near future, hope it what there planning goes well. And another mass banning sounds good to.
*edit* DJ agreed, lol.

Last edited by Jay on Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:58 am 
Frequent Member

Somebody ask her about ress/therapy going over lvl 79? :banghead:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:59 am 
Forum God

^^its in question one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:15 pm 

Thats really cool :D But can you please put the answers below the questions? Its so much easier to read then.

Hello, this is my question?
And this is my answer.

This is my second question?
Well, this is the second answer.

Athens (inactive)
Level: 46 | Build: Pure INT [Fire/Light/Cold/Bicheon] (farming)
Level: 27 | Build: Pure STR [Rouge/Cleric]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:15 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

very good
so glad you could get answers to these

Guild WFC (lvl 5) Recruiting 30+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:16 pm 
Retired Admin

Great Dude, thnx for these.

Stickied

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:18 pm 
Site Contributor

Yea thanks for spacing them as well

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:22 pm 
Common Member

nice, well done :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:59 pm 

Morningdew is our informer :)

Thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:09 pm 
Forum God

stil 2 we are expecting answers on aswell hehe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:16 pm 

Master_wong wrote:
Q:- Can you give us a hint of the final level cap and will the mastery levels remain at 300?
A. Issues related to the game are determined by the game developers in Korea and so I can't answer them right now -- I will forward these questions to Korea and ask them to answer them as soon as possible.

Why do people keep asking about the mastery cap? Seriously, this is one of the questions that I got asked more than any other one as an SA. Joymax has absolutely no intention of ever raising the mastery cap. Straight from the GMs. We asked them about a hundred times. So DEAL WITH IT.

/end rant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:28 pm 
Forum God

Bakemaster wrote:
Master_wong wrote:
A. Issues related to the game are determined by the game developers in Korea and so I can't answer them right now -- I will forward these questions to Korea and ask them to answer them as soon as possible.

Why do people keep asking about the mastery cap? Seriously, this is one of the questions that I got asked more than any other one as an SA. Joymax has absolutely no intention of ever raising the mastery cap. Straight from the GMs. We asked them about a hundred times. So DEAL WITH IT.

/end rant

i know 300 is gone be the max masterys not sure on final level cap but i got asked loads so i put it in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:46 pm 
Retired Admin

wong, you're the man. thanks so much for organizing this for us. it's great to get some actual communication from the JM staff. 10pts, sir :)

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:47 pm 
Forum God

SuicideGrl wrote:
wong, you're the man. thanks so much for organizing this for us. it's great to get some actual communication from the JM staff. 10pts, sir :)

woot i got 10pts :D

also she dont mean if you got more questions about her if you wanna know something more specific i can relay then for people hehe :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:56 pm 
Banned User

Will morningdew be my G/f????

Just kiddding :wink:
I'm on the other side of the country anyway.

But anh_hung_rom is in the area, and open (and looking :twisted: )
:P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:02 pm 
Forum God

thats a way to gett better info and better sosun's

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:42 pm 

Master_wong wrote:
Q:- Are Skills going to be edited to cover the new level cap and furture level caps?

It never occured to MD before? I wonder if Korea developers keep GM's in the dark as much as GM's keep players in the dark.

Quote:
Q:- What updates are coming in the near future for us to look forward to?
A. In a few months we will be opening a teaser website for the Europe expansion -- Europe is coming to iSRO! The exact date is yet to be determined, though. In addition, some other updates are being tested on internal servers and other SRO versions, but I cannot provide you the details of the updates, as they may be modified to fit the characteristics of iSRO, and I don't want to give you any inaccurate details.

"few months" until teaser.
"other updates are being tested" - wonder what

Quote:
Q:- Do you plan to make more regular and exiteing events like co versions of silkroad hold on a regular basis?
A. We have talked about doing events on a regular basis, but right now all priorities have been rearranged. Our number one focus at the moment is security. Both in the game and on the website. We are focused on developing additional security measures for the game, then we can begin to focus on other things such as events and updates.

No Valentines event? No Chinese New Years event? This is a chinese based game and Chinese New Years is the biggest holiday.

Quote:
Q:- What measures are in place to deal with bots and other people who abuse the system?
A. As you may have noticed, Game Guard is not active at the moment. We will have a new program in place in the near future to counteract bot programs and to protect the privacy of our users. Also, we are working on more bot detection methods. We're preparing for another mass bot ban, and the new image verification system has helped to reduce the number of clientless and auto login bots. We will continue to add new features and programs to counteract these programs, but cannot reveal any details, as bot program manufacturers may take advantage of the information.

"another mass bot ban" - I have an inkling that maybe removing GG was a way for SRO to collect player-bot data better because they never said anything official about removing GG or bringing it back. So after one month maybe those bots will be gone...

Quote:
These are some factors that are being considered at the moment from Korea's end, and as soon as we get the results, we will announce them in a notice on the official website.

Whatever happened to the official site's Q&A? These behind-the-scenes server favortisms, relations to GMs, interviews, and personal Q&As are not fair to the rest of the players. It wasn't even from a recently instated SA. Who knows what else goes on?

Good job Master_wong, we'll take what we can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:47 pm 
Forum God

hehe np maybe in the furture il try get another :D as we get more questions answers il add them here :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:21 pm 
Frequent Member

nice Q&A, mornindew really does her job. would be good to get more answers to other question, but not pushing it to much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:31 pm 
Valued Member

Thats great, she seems more human now :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PEKN96aALg8&mode=related&search=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:46 pm 

First of all, really nice Q&A, nicely done man.

I'm at a point now i can't explain in the right way. Somehow i think morningdew is covering JM's ass. And somehow i think they really are working hard.

What keeps on going through my head is this :

How hard is it to get on the server and simply ban about 10 bots. If they do that a few times each week, people will realize they are actually doing something NOW. And it will make the image of JM A whole lot better, even if they really are working all day/night long.

That makes me think they don't ban them because they buy silk. Theres a hot topic on the official page where morningdew says most of the bots do NOT buy silk. Which is totally bull, i never see any high lvl botter without a monkey, you? Now this makes me think they are NOT working hard and just letting the money come in, knowing they are gonna HAVE to do something because the users are complaining to them in a way they probably don't understand.

I just don't get it... Now, to see a short version of the above:
1) They are either working hard or >
2) MD is covering JM's ass and they don't ban them because they buy silk.

I go for 1 as i don't understand how hard it is to go into Takla and simply start banning, easy as eating pie... isnt it?

download more ram.

Where? Did not find any on google. :soosad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:55 pm 
Forum God

well for one i think they need to go through a process of tracing ips and stuff so i might take a while and thus why they start doing Mass banning

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:56 pm 

Twysta wrote:
That makes me think they don't ban them because they buy silk. Theres a hot topic on the official page where morningdew says most of the bots do NOT buy silk. Which is totally bull, i never see any high lvl botter without a monkey, you?

This conspiracy theory has been proven wrong a thousand times. Most botters are NOT high level. The most VISIBLE botters are the high level ones. There are thousands and thousands of gold bots that don't buy silk and are all range of levels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:00 pm 

Twysta wrote:
That makes me think they don't ban them because they buy silk. Theres a hot topic on the official page where morningdew says most of the bots do NOT buy silk.

MD is probably not lying but MD isn't really getting to the answer that we want which most concerns : high level player bots.

YES, out of all the multiclient-gold-bots, low-level-gold-bots, and high-level-player-bots, the high-level-player-bots make up a small portion of bots and therefore MD's "most" bots don't buy silk is probably right.

But high-level player bots probably DO buy a lot of silk and possibly a large enough portion of JM's total silk.

Last edited by zphantom on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:07 pm 

zphantom wrote:
Twysta wrote:
That makes me think they don't ban them because they buy silk. Theres a hot topic on the official page where morningdew says most of the bots do NOT buy silk.

MD is probably not lying but MD isn't really getting to the answer that we want which most concerns : high level player bots. exactly

YES, out of all the multiclient-gold-bots, low-level-gold-bots, and high-level-player-bots, the high-level-player-bots make up a small portion of bots and therefore MD's "most" bots don't buy silk is probably right.

You might be right here, you probably are...
Tho, still it's not a big thing to just go where ever and ban some afk player botters/gold bots?

download more ram.

Where? Did not find any on google. :soosad: